Leonardtown High School is located in St. Mary’s County, “where the Potomac meets the Chesapeake.” As the oldest county in Maryland, St. Mary’s is filled with rich history such as lighthouses, Civil War sites, and monuments commemorating our African-American heritage. Our current population stands strong at 109,000. As a county that supports the U.S. Navy, we continue to have an influx of growth.
LHS News and Updates
LHS Weekly Update 9/16-9/22
Students and Parents,
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered to 10th and 11th grade students only on October 16, 2019 beginning 8:00 am.
- The PSAT 8/9 will be administered to 9th grade students on October 16, 2019 beginning at 8:00 am.
- The PSAT is an important test. Students who perform well could earn college scholarships (11 grade).
- PSAT student guides have been distributed to students (for 10th and 11th grade students only, there are no hard copies for 9th graders). These guides contain information and sample test questions that will help students prepare for the PSAT.
- Parents/Students should check their calendars for appointments already scheduled for October 16, and consider rescheduling as there are no make-up dates for the PSAT.
- Students who arrive late to school will not be permitted to take the test.
- Students who did not get a guide can get one from Mr. Copsey.
- Please see attached digital copies
- Students must bring their own calculators.
Additional information can be found at the following links:
SUMMER 2019 RECOMMENDATIONS AND ENRICHMENT
From our Attendance Secretary for SY19/20: A reminder to parents that the Online Absence reporting is only to be used for full day absences and not for students coming in late after an appointment.